Oil storage tanks
Oil heating systems are the choice of thousands of households across the UK, and at the heart of any oil heating system is the oil storage tank.
But in order to get the most of your oil heating system, you must first get the most out of your oil tank. To do this, follow these simple steps:
1. Ensure all lids remain firmly closed… oil and water don't mix!
2. Inspect your tank regularly and remove any litter or debris
3. Get your boiler serviced annually
4. Check steel tanks carefully – they rust from the inside too!
5. Make sure there is adequate access for your delivery driver around the tank
There are strict standards for oil storage tanks, which are enforced by the Environment Agency throughout England. The Environment Agency can also offer you best advice on looking after oil in the home and oil storage.
For more information and guidance, visit the following sites:
It’s essential that you never try to replace your oil tank yourself. Although we do not have our own service engineers, each of our local offices works closely with local Oil Firing Technical Association (OFTEC) registered heating engineers who provide an excellent service, and we will be happy to recommend them to you.
We are also happy to recommend one of a number of the UK’s leading oil tank suppliers if you should need.
To find out more about any of these points, just contact your local Bayford office and we'll be more than happy to help.